Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

We got home in time for Halloween, and we were pretty happy about that. We always like seeing all the kids and their costumes. We usually have about 100 kids when the weather is nice. Tonight it was about 50 degrees. A little cool, but clear and dry, so we saw lots of little trick or treaters. I think I counted about 60 or 70 kids. We saw the Hulk, Spiderman, several witches, an angel, a caveman, Cleopatra, a ninja, a pirate, and Elmo, to name a few.

Kirby decorated the front porch with some of our yard art. We made these a few years ago. He cut the patterns out of plywood and then we spent lots of time painting them and getting them to look just right.






The Boos Brothers are my favorite. When I first saw the pattern I loved it. They are really easy to make, too, because they are pretty much just black and white.
Kirby's other passion for Halloween is painting our son, Rusty!! He has been made up many times over the years, and even though he is now too old for trick or treating, he got painted up again this year. On the way to show off his make-up to Grandma, who lives a couple of blocks away, he somehow managed to fill half a pillow case with candy!! I don't know who was more excited, him or his Dad. I guess boys never really grow up.
You should have seen us trying to get that black make-up off his eyebrows!! And the glue from the horns was pretty fun too. I had to use Goo Gone on him. The funniest part was that after we got the make-up off, I found out his Dad had used a ball point pen to draw the pattern on him. Make-up remover didn't help, so we tried soap and water, but it wasn't very effective, either. Maybe those pen marks will wear off in a day or two!!

No comments: