Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Since many of you know how much I love to shop, you probably realize the day after Thanksgiving is right up there on my list of favorite days. After combing through pages and pages of sales (thanks for saving them for me, Mom) there were only two things that I wanted, an XBox game and a quilt.

I should have gone sooner, but 5:30 am seemed pretty early to me. I arrived at the local WalMart and I was shocked by the number of cars in the parking lot. I've done Black Friday before, and it was always crowded, but this morning was beyond anything I had ever seen. I found a place to park, and luckily, someone was leaving a buggy just as I got out of my car, so I took it in the store with me. I didn't get 10 feet inside the store when I abandoned my buggy. There was such a wall of people I couldn't get the buggy through them. I was only looking for an XBox game that was advertised at half price, so I pushed my way to electronics and got in line. After an hour in line, I got to the register and learned that they were sold out of Madden '09. I bought a car racing game just so I didn't leave empty handed and headed to Goody's.

Goody's had advertised an assortment of quilts for $17.88. The one I wanted was the one they had pictured in their ad (a winter scene with snowmen). Again, I was amazed by the number of people who were attempting to walk around in Goody's. I saw the quilts on a roll around shelf in the middle of the aisle and worked my way around to them. Alas, no snowmen. I looked through what they had just to make sure there wasn't something else I wanted. Then I overheard someone say that there was another shelf of quilts near the dressing rooms. After pushing and shoving my way in that direction, I was rewarded with this.




It was not the same one they had in their ad, but it is winter and it does have snowmen. Even better, they had a King size quilt with Regular size shams. I have a queen size bed, but the full/queen quilts never quite fit. But when I get the King quilt, they usually have King shams. I don't like those King size shams.
So, I'm pretty happy with my early morning of shopping. I came home, took a short nap, had some breakfast, and I'm off again. Maybe I'll go to Magic Mart this afternoon. I'm not sure I can stand to go back to WalMart today.

No comments: