Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Who Says??

I've been contemplating who decides what is a waste of time and what is a constructive use of time. Mainly because I've been wasting a lot of time lately! But who says it's wasted?? It all started when my daughter blogged about Spring time. That got me to thinking about spring cleaning, which unleashed a torrent of activity in my bathroom. I cleaned and dusted everything in there from top to bottom and cleaned out shelves and drawers and mopped the floor. Then I decided the next day I would start on my bedroom, but Rusty found a new hidden object game on the computer and we played that all day. Then I helped him finish Mortimer Beckett and then he got me started on Detective Stories Hollywood and one thing lead to another and my room never got cleaned. I felt bad about it for a little while, then I realized that the time I spent with Rusty and the time I spent relaxing, while stimulating my mind, in front of the computer isn't wasted time. Maybe my bedroom isn't super clean and my furniture didn't get treated with liquid gold, but I washed the sheets and comforter. OK, I still have some Christmas stuff on my dresser that I need to put away. But so what if it's still there next Christmas and I don't have to "waste time" getting it out of the closet??

No comments: