Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jafar? Are you in there??


This is my new grandbaby, Jenna Beth, wearing the same dress her mother wore home from the hospital 33 years ago.


I know it's been a while and I'm not sure anybody is even reading this, but as an excuse for part of my downtime, I spent three weeks with my daughter in El Paso to welcome my new grand-daughter. She was born May 12 weighing 9 lbs. 9 ozs. Babies run big in my family, so she was pretty typical for us, but she looked like she was 3 months old already.

Only my grandson, Bailey, will get the title of this post. Jafar is the bad guy from the Aladdin movie. This was a running joke while I was in El Paso. The parrot, Iago, knocks on Jafar's head at one point and says "Jafar, are you in there?" Bailey and I would do this to each other everytime something happened and we wanted to get the other one's attention. I enjoyed watching several movies with Bailey. Speed Racer and Rattatoui were my favorites.

The Rattatoui movie inspired me to let Bailey (age 4) and Maverick (age 2) help me cook one day. They were so funny standing on step stools, mixing eggs with milk and salt and pepper and Maverick's secret ingredient for perfect scrambled eggs, parmesan cheese. Bailey left after the mixing part was done, but Maverick saw it through all the way to frying his eggs and buttering the bread. He loves helping with anything from mopping the floor to changing a diaper. Bailey, on the other hand, hates being asked to do anything that interfers with his agenda.

Here are Bailey and Maverick with their versions of a milk mustache.




No comments: