Monday, June 4, 2007

Paint

My son and his wife have their house up for sale so yesterday we got a gallon of paint at Big Lots for $3.50 to do some touching up on the front of the house. They have some green trim that we are restoring to the original off-white. Anyway, the paint is a little thin (as you would expect for $3.50) but after we painted yesterday, it rained last night. This morning I went outside and found that some of the paint had washed off!! So much for really cheap paint. I think we will use it as a primer and then go to Home Depot and get something a bit more durable. We are supposed to rent a storage unit today and take the things we have boxed up to storage. They are trying to empty out everything they can live without to make the house look more spacious for the new buyers. Hope that works. All I know is that everytime I take a vacation and come to visit them they have a big project going on around here. Is it just coincidence??? I don't mind, though. There's nothing like going through someone else's closets and throwing things away. A real sense of accomplishment without giving up any of the junk I have in my own closets.
Yesterday morning we had a surprise visitor. Jen will remember him from Bellmead, Jeff Winget. He and his wife were here for the Republic of Texas Bike Rally in Austin and they stopped by before returning to Waco. It was nice to catch up with some friends from years ago. After his description of the bike rally, I'm sure Kirby will want to be here next year.

2 comments:

Jen Whisonant said...

I'm sure that Jen always appreciated your willingness to use the black trash bags at her place, Grammy. Have fun out there and slobber on those precious boys for me!!!! Tell Jen no more tractor rides, too. I'm jealous you're on your way there!

Jen said...

just wait til you get here! i'm sure i can come up some projects. hopefully they won't include too many trash bags. i know they won't include paint!! i think most of mine include shopping to wonderful places like hobby lobby and kohls :o)