Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Historic Event

I bet you thought I was talking about Obama! No, this is even better. Last night I talked to both my grandsons on the phone and it was the first time Maverick said "Grammy" to me. He talked and talked and told me about his screwdriver and said "I love you" just as plain as could be. Then he said hi to Pop and I thought Kirby would never stop talking about it. I can't wait to see them in person. Hope I don' t have to wait til May. Also, this is my first blog post from my Iphone. I didn't think I could do it but today I figured out how. I had to switch to HTML. Oh, yes, we do have the first black president. But have you heard my grandsons talk on the phone??

We are on our way to Denver where it is supposed to be 65 degrees. Thank you global warming! At home in WV we are having a new ice age. So I'm not complaining about being on the road this week. But I'd gladly brave the cold and snow if I had to in order to go to El Paso! Maybe next week.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Just so you know, Bailey added you and Pop to his thank you prayers at night. He also added Dora and Boots and Diego and Oswald and anyone else he could think of. You're in treasured company!

geisme said...

Go Grammy! My mom was Grammy, but the girls couldn't say it, so it came out Mimi. So now we have Mimi instead of Grammy. :) I guess you haven't figured out how to make any of them stop growing?
Ah well, just a thought.
-Gail
btw- glad you are in treasured company w/Dora & gang. My girls went through a phase where they had to pray for Pooh & all his buddies. :)