Thursday, January 15, 2009

Our Sweet Kitty, Muffin


Almost 12 years ago, one of our neighbors asked us if we wanted a kitten. We went to look at them and ended up bringing home a tiny little fur ball we named Muffin. She was such a good cat. She did like to go in and out a lot. As you can see in the picture, she's waiting at the door for someone to let her out for five minutes so she can scratch at the door to be let back in for five minutes. Very often in the summer she would stay out all night and we would wake up to find what Kirby called "a rump roast" on the door mat. She tended to eat the top half of a mouse and leave the bottom half for us. Sometimes she brought us a chipmunk or a mole.
She was one of the most affectionate cats we ever had. She loved to be held and petted and she could purr like a motorboat. She liked to sleep near my head, on my pillow. We have a dog who begs whenever we eat. Muffin thought she should get in on that action, too. She loved it when I sat in the living room with a plate, because she knew she could get on the couch behind me and reach over my shoulder for a bite, while the dog sat at my feet whining. Needless to say, I didn't eat in the living room unless I was prepared to share.
A month or so ago, we took Muffin to the vet and he gave her thyroid pills. I blogged about that at the time. Unfortunately, the thyroid pills helped a little, but didn't solve her problem. Our sweet kitty, Muffin, passed away early Sunday morning. Rest assured, there will be no mice in Heaven when you get there.

3 comments:

Madtoad said...

Poor Muffin. I'll miss her too, and I only got to see her once every two years!!!

GE is me said...

Dear Grammy, I'm so sorry for your loss. It is hard even to lose a beloved pet. Especially when they are such a good animal. Praying for your peace & comfort.
-Gail

GE is me said...

btw- like the new blog look & the change up- switching the sidebar stuff! :)
-Gail