Monday, November 5, 2007

Jen, Don't Read This - It's About Wallpaper

I know my daughter is shaking her head right now and laughing. I am the wallpaper queen. I love wallpaper and I am constantly changing something. Lately I have decided that I can't stand the wallpaper in my kitchen another minute. It was supposed to look like stone blocks with ivy growing, but now it just feels like I'm in a dungeon. Also notice the cat (Duchess) who belongs to Jen but lives with me because she moved and couldn't take her. That blanket on the floor is the dog's bed which she drags all over the house. And if you are reading my whiteboard, I'm out of Greek seasoning, meat tenderizer, zip lock sandwich bags, and I need to make a backup copy of my Mother's book from her computer. I love that whiteboard. I write notes on it all day whenever something comes to my mind.


Anyway, back to wallpaper. I decided to go to Lowes and see what I could find. Here is what I'm thinking of doing. I'm going to cover the wood panel at the bottom with this plaid paper and then do the top with the yellow.

My husband thinks the plaid looks like Christmas, but ever since he chose the pink paper for the bedroom that left it looking like a cheap motel, I don't pay much attention to his opinion. I am also going to do the hallway with the same paper since it extends from the kitchen. Then I'm going to put the plaid at the bottom of the bathroom wall in place of the green stripe that is on it now (see earlier post regarding toilet seat). This paper looks soooo good with the new shower curtain. I can't wait to get started.

3 comments:

Jen said...

for once, i sort of like your wall paper choice. and i got a good laugh out of kirby's cheap motel pink wallpaper remark. if i were you, which i'm not, i would paint that wood on the bottom white. i'm determined that i will have white wainscoting in some room in a house at some point in my life! happy wallpapering. glad i don't have to help.

Unknown said...

Glad you like it. Painting the bottom white was my first idea, but that is harder than wallpapering to me. Plus it would require replacing all the trim top and bottom with white and I don't want to do all that. Wallpaper usually slips right behind the trim and you don't even have to take it down.

GE is me said...

No, I think I need to disagree with you being the wallpaper queen. My sis-in-law(who btw is the BEST! sil in the world!)says she has no habits or vices so she feels repainting/wallpapering is hers. I've never seen anyone change her walls as much as she does!
Happy wallpapering!
-Gail