Sunday, November 25, 2007

Making a list . . . . and checking it over and over

I love making lists. I even sometimes need a list of my lists so I can keep up with them. Christmas shopping is so much fun for me and I end up with lists of things I want to buy, lists of things I have bought, lists of things that have been wrapped (because sometimes you can't remember what's in that package), lists of what packages are in which closets, shopping bags, etc. It may seem funny, but my mother has actually lost presents before and found them in the closet months later. So, I try to keep up with everything. Besides the 14 members of my little family, I also buy for my sisters next door, my parents, my husband's parents, siblings and nephew, and a few friends and neighbors. It can get confusing, especially when you start shopping months ahead of time and have to put the gifts someplace until Christmas. Today I have been rewritting lists and trying to decide who I'm finished with and who needs a little something extra.

We have also been decorating a little, but I still need to get out the tree and other things that are in the extra bedroom closet. Last year we didn't bother with the tree because I was going to SC to spend Christmas with Jen and her family. This year, Todd is coming here with his whole bunch, so we are pulling out all the decorations. Here are a couple of pictures of some yard art we made a few years ago. I love making this stuff. You cut the shapes from plywood and then transfer the pattern with carbon paper and paint it. We made a lot of these and sold some at a flea market. If I was retired, I would set up a booth and sell this all the time just for the fun of making it. Unfortunately, these three are all we have left right now. I guess I need to check my list of yard art patterns and see what we can do about making some more!!




1 comment:

Jen said...

Maverick needs a snowman with his name on it!