Friday, November 23, 2007

Wild Turkey!!


Sorry to anyone reading this for taking so long to post something new. Because of the holiday, we were gone a little longer than usual and I just didn't get a chance to get online. Anyway, that is a picture of the turkey we had yesterday and of course, there is a story to tell.


My nephew and husband were "deer" hunting and came home with this turkey. Apparently, he flew over them and landed in a tree right in front of them, so my nephew shot him. Here is another picture of him before he looked so golden brown and delicious.
I thought he was a little dry, but I guess in the wild they don't fatten themselves up just before Thanksgiving so they will be nice and juicy. Getting him into the oven was funny because his legs were long and skinny and stuck out of my roasting pan. I was told by the mighty hunters that he was shot in the shoulder near the neck, but while preparing him for the oven, I found a suspicious hole in the lower back. I'm no medical examiner, but I'd testify in court that he was probably fleeing the scene at the time of his demise.

No comments: