Monday, February 25, 2008

Texas is just too big!!!!!

I know they always talk about how everything is bigger in Texas, but today I'm sitting here thinking that I'm in Texas, and Todd is in Texas, and Jen is in Texas, and my grandboys are in Texas, but we couldn't get anywhere near each other even if we all left right now until sometime tomorrow!!! That's just too many miles for one state to have. We come to Houston twice a week most weeks, but hardly ever get anywhere near Austin or El Paso. But we do get to see my in-laws who live here in the Houston area. Today we all went to Red Lobster for lunch and had a great time, as usual. Right now, our two little boys (Kirby and his step-dad) are putting a lego race car together. We tried to get them to make a trip to Garden Ridge with us, but they both threatened to jump out of the car into traffic if we made them go there. So we took them to ToysRUs and now they are as happy as can be.

We are picking up a load tomorrow morning that goes to Ohio, so we'll get to relax for a few hours. Then it's - On the Road Again, as Willie would say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohio and Texas in two days, sounds like a democrat running for office:)

Jake

Unknown said...

Jake, you are so right!! I never even thought of that. I guess I should put some campaign slogans on my truck.