Tuesday, February 12, 2008

You can never have too many shoes!!!

I went shopping yesterday (is anyone surprised?). I had a goal in mind and not much hope of success. A couple of years ago, I bought a pair of Easy Spirit slip on tennis shoes and I still love those shoes more than any other tennis shoes I have every owned. Unfortunately, since I shop at discount stores that carry overstock and discontinued items, Easy Spirit doesn't make that particular style anymore. I have looked in every outlet mall, discount store, EBay, internet store, etc. and haven't found that shoe (at least not at a price I was willing to pay). Last summer, while I was in Myrtle Beach with my mother, I found that shoe at Stein Mart, and I bought a pair for HER. I decided at the time it would be a waste of money to buy the same shoe I already had, so I got myself a diferent shoe. Bad idea!! I have regretted that decision every day since and couldn't wait to get back to the Stein Mart at Myrtle Beach in the hopes that they might still have my shoe. Telling myself the chance of them having that shoe after all this time was slim, I walked into Stein Mart yesterday and THERE IT WAS!!!! The Easy Spirit all leather Feelin' Good tennis shoe in my size. The only difference was that my old shoe was white and this one is tan. But I like that even better!!!




Easy Spirit makes several shoes similar to this style, but don't be fooled. They are not as comfortable as this shoe and they don't clean up as easily as leather. For some reason the strap in the back of the new style is shorter and just doesn't fit the same across the ankle. Trust me, I've tried all of them!!!

Then, a little while later, I walked into K-Mart and found the perfect sandal. I should have gone to Vegas I am on such a lucky streak!! This shoe is soft and comfy and only $15 (buy one - get one half off) so I got this color (which perfectly matches the outfit I bought for $15 at K-Mart) and I got a tan pair. Today, I'm shopping for a purse to match my two new pairs of tan shoes. I'd say wish me luck, but I can't afford to get lucky too many more times!! You should see how lucky I got at Hamricks.









2 comments:

Jen said...

your platinum child wishes she was there getting lucky, too! i'm not into easy spirit, but i'm sure i could've added a pile to your cart at hamricks and kmart.

Jen Whisonant said...

i like your style grammy - i like your style!!! =) funny how daughters can toss things into momma's cart at any age...don't you think it's funny? i'm pretty sure my mom just calls it expensive.