Thursday, February 7, 2008

Winter Break

I can't believe that in two days my husband and I will be going on a vacation to Myrtle Beach all by ourselves. I'm not sure what we are going to do, since we have never been there by ourselves. Every time we go, my sister, my mom, my nephew, my daughter and grandsons, or somebody goes with us. Then we sort of plan our activities based on what everyone wants to do. We usually go in May for bike week, but this year we decided to take a little winter break and spend Valentine's day at the beach together. Sounds romantic, but we didn't even realize it was Valentine's day until after we booked the condo!! I'm not sure why we were talking about going, but we got on the internet and found a deal we couldn't refuse. One of the condo rental companies was having a $100 off sale, which made a 1 bedroom condo $150 for seven nights. If you have never rented a condo at North Myrtle Beach, I highly recommend it. You are close enough to Myrtle Beach for all the entertainment, but far enough from all the noise and traffic of downtown. Besides, North Myrtle Beach has plenty of shopping and entertainment of it's own. We love getting a condo, as opposed to a motel, because it feels like you live at the beach for a week, not like you are visiting. You have a living room and kitchen, private balcony overlooking the beach, and bedrooms with their own bathrooms (this is especially important when 3 or 4 people go together). We have used a company called Condo-World several times, but this time we are using CondoLux. I guess my next post will be from the beach. I'll be sure to post pictures of the condo.

1 comment:

Jen Whisonant said...

Grammy - that's too funny - Chris's parents are headed to Surfside this weekend for their anniversary! They and us, too, like staying away from "myrtle" - I like Cherry Grove or Garden City - far north or far south - but the Whiso's FREE condo is in Surfside, so I'll happily stay when we can! Have some fun and shopping and food and fudge for me!!!!