Monday, April 21, 2008

Random Facts

Some of the blogs I read have been posting seven random facts about themselves, so I thought I'd give it a try.

1. I'm loud. It's a blessing and a curse. I think when I was young we didn't have microphones at church, so we all had to learn to talk loud enough for the back row to hear us. Not a problem for me. I talk loud and I sing loud.

2. I love to shop. I don't mean that I enjoy an occasional shopping trip. I mean that I can go into any store (Hardware, Pet Supplies, it doesn't matter) and I can walk around and look at everything in the store with no intention of buying anything, and I often walk out without buying anything. I just love to window shop inside the store!!

3. I drive a big truck. An 18 wheeler. With a big stainless steel tanker behind it. I haul chemicals all over the country. And I shop in every town where we stop long enough to shop.

4. I have a dead toe. Well, not dead, more like in a vegetative state. I stepped on a piece of glass in the shower (back when shampoo bottles were glass) when I was in Jr. High and cut the muscle or something. It looks pretty normal, but I can't move it. It's the middle toe on my left foot.

5. I drive a Dodge Caravan. That doesn't seem unusual, but this is my 4th one. So when I say I drive a Dodge Caravan, I really mean it. When I trade cars, I buy another Dodge Caravan. I already want the new one with the table in the back, but I'm still paying for the one with the electric doors all around, so the table one will have to wait.

6. I read romance novels. I love historical romances. The ones where the British Lord falls in love with the serving maid, but they can never be together because she's from the lower class. Or the ones where the woman is ruined by scandalous gossip and some Duke has to marry her in order to protect her virtue. Of course, if you have enough money (and they always do) you can fix all the problems and live happily ever after.

7. I don't like cell phones. It's hard to talk on a cell phone. I can't hold them with my shoulder like a good old fashioned rotary phone. I can't keep those hands free things in my ears. And I can't keep a signal for more than 5 minutes. I think there is something about my hairspray that interfers with the signal. Can you hear me now? The answer is usually "no." But call me anyway. I'll just call you back over and over until we finish our conversation, or until we give up and use email instead.

3 comments:

Jen Whisonant said...

I loved your randomness Grammy! Thanks for sharing. I see why I get along with Jen so well and with you - even loudly! lol. See you Friday night!

Jen said...

I'm just glad you're willing to admit that you're loud :o) I think I'm usually on the receiving end of the lost signals kind of like today. I'm not sure what happened - all the sudden you 'vanquished.'

Unknown said...

Jen's "vanquished" comment is an old joke from one of Todd's high school friends. He was talking about something that disappeared and used vanquished instead of vanished.