Sunday, April 27, 2008

Which Camera?

My daughter and her family made it to SC for their visit and I got to spend some time with them on Friday night and Saturday. As a result, I finally traded cameras with my daughter and I have enjoyed seeing all the pictures I took in El Paso, then left behind when I picked up the wrong camera (hers). I'll post some of the pictures here, but first, Jen and I spent a couple of hours Saturday looking at cameras in WalMart and Best Buy. I wanted a smaller camera with a better zoom. But it looks like in order to get a better zoom, I'll have to get a camera as big or bigger than the one I have. Jen wants better pictures in low light situations. We think that has something to do with the ISO number, but we're not really sure. Anyway, there were so many options that we felt more confused after looking around. The only thing we were sure of is that the prices at the two stores were the same. Guess I need to spend some time researching online before I spend my money. I'm actually pretty happy with the camera I have, or maybe I just dread learning all the features of a new camera. It seems like every camera I looked at had twice as many buttons and dials as the camera I've got. Whatever we do, I'm sure nothing I have now will be useful anymore, including the software I use to download my pictures to the computer. Unless I get another Kodak camera maybe? Anyway, here are some of the El Paso pictures.

Here's Maverick enjoying the new swings his Daddy and his Pop hung on the back patio.


I think Bailey is checking to make sure the swings are hung on good strong hooks so they won't fall down while he's enjoying them.

This is the look of terror on their faces when Pop is "coming to get them". I think they are trying to get Mommy to hide them, but she's not helping much.

No comments: