Monday, April 7, 2008

Wonderful Visit with the 'Boys!


Here's Maverick wearing Pop's hat. More about that later.
Pop and I arrived in El Paso Saturday morning about 10 am and Jake and Bailey came to pick us up at the K-Mart parking lot. We had lunch at Chick-Fil-A so Bailey could run and play on the playground while we enjoyed our meal. Maverick helped Pop finish off a strawberry shake so the only sound we heard from him through the whole meal was "mmmmmm". Then we made a trip to Toys R Us for Bailey's belated birthday gifts. We had already decided to get swings to attach to their back pergola (open beamed patio cover). We looked at other toys, but when I saw the little scooters I thought that was the toy for Bailey because for some reason he has an aversion to pedals. Sure enough, the swings and the scooter were big hits when we got them home.
While the boys were napping, Jen and I got to spend some quality time together shopping! Thanks Daddy and Pop for babysitting. Jen found a dress and I got a purse. We also found some decorative plates for my kitchen, so it was a good trip.
Of course, we finished the day with Rudy's BBQ. Jen and I brought it home so we didn't have to try to enjoy our meal and chase two boys through a restaurant at the same time. I still like the cream style corn and the new potatoes, along with some turkey and/or sausage. Jen introduced us to the peach cobbler and all I can say is we didn't get a big enough order of it!!!
After a couple more hours of playing with Grammy and Pop, and watching UNC play basketball, and working some puzzles, and fighting over the scooter, it was time for bed. I took Maverick upstairs first and got to snuggle him a little before putting him in his crib. He didn't fuss at all. Then it was time to read a story to Bailey. We both got in the Thomas the Train bed and I soon realized it was hard to read Horton Hatches an Egg without my reading glasses, but if I missed any words, he didn't complain. Just before the egg finally hatched, he was sound asleep, but I read the last few pages to him anyway. I wasn't ready for the day to end, but I tucked up his covers and gave him lots of kisses and told him to dream about me and Pop.
We will get to see them again in a few weeks when they come to SC to visit, but I am so glad we got to spend a special day with them. Eventually, I'll have pictures from our day, but I left my camera behind and accidently picked up Jen's camera by mistake (we have the same camera except for the duct tape on mine - it got dropped one time too many). Anyway, the only pictures on Jen's camera were of Bailey stealing Pop's hat. He loved being chased by Pop, and he and Maverick took turns wearing the hat. It was so cute. So, here's Bailey stealing the hat and then wearing the prize.









3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...

what's even more funny about the camera situation is i didn't take any of these pictures so you were taking pictures with my camera!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.