Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Lynwood, CA, I love you!!!

It's been a while since I posted anything, but I have a good excuse. Kirby and I have both had the flu. I guess it was some kind of flu? It starts with a tickle in your throat that soon becomes a case of heavy coughing and sore chest and ribs, plus a headache and some chills and fever thrown in for fun. It takes about 5 days to get better, and for those 5 days you just want to lay on the couch and moan. Anyway, it was the first time in years that we actually had to call our job and say we couldn't work. We stayed home for about 10 days, and I couldn't even enjoy getting on the computer because it hurt my eyes so much and made my headache worse.

Anyway, we are all better now and we are back on the road. We told our dispatcher a few weeks ago that we needed to go to California real bad because our grandson was having a birthday in El Paso and we just had to get to see him so we could take him to Toys R Us. Well, yesterday, even though we have been sick, and we have been out on the road for 8 days and usually only stay out 10 days at a time, he called us and said, "Do you want to go home or go to California?" Without hesitation, we said we would take the Lynwood, California load.

I called my daughter, Jen, and told her to let Bailey start thinking about what he wanted for his birthday (he turned 3 on March 22) because Pop is coming and he's bringing a credit card!! I think Bailey is going to get some kind of swing for his back porch, but we'll have to wait and see what he picks.

Ready or not, grandboys, here we come!!!! See you Saturday!!! Get those little necks ready for lots of sugar kisses!!

2 comments:

Jen Whisonant said...

Yay, Grammy! So, what if Bay wants a flat screen TV? ;p Lay some kisses on for Mrs. Jen.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.