Saturday, July 7, 2007

Family Reunion

After months of trying to make up her mind about going to Myrtle Beach for the family reunion, my mother finally decided she would make the trip. At the last minute, we were fortunate to get a condo on the beach. So, early tomorrow morning, my sister, Judi, my mother and step-dad, and I will be on our way. A year ago, I had hoped to have my son and his family and my daughter and her family all there, but that didn't work out. So for several months, I was planning to go by myself. Then my sister decided she would go with me. Now, there will be four of us. It should be a lot of fun. One of my sisters lives in North Carolina, near Myrtle Beach, so her family will be there. Lots of aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. will be there. One of my uncles is in Florida with my cousin, who has been in the hospital for a couple of weeks after an aneurism. He is in serious condition, but improving, so we will be keeping him and my uncle in our prayers through out the reunion activities. I'll post some family pictures when I get a chance.

2 comments:

Jen Whisonant said...

Ever need a beach bum pal with two small kids, I'm your gal and I've got a free condo to stay at in Surfside, too...what's better than company that comes with free lodging??? =) Try not to bring home too much sand!

Jen said...

hope you're having fun with the mullins crew. got my birthday money today. thanks! i think i spent part of it buying an outfit at ross today. not sure where i'll spend the rest!