Monday, July 16, 2007

PUNKIN




Here is my dog Punkin's latest obsession. His name is Roger and she chases him all over the house and sleeps with him and won't sit with us in the living room unless Roger is there, too. I guess this is what happens when you don't have children at home anymore. You treat your dog like a child. Really sad, isn't it? We love the way his tongue rolls out when you squeeze him. Of course, he squeaks, and that really gets her excited.
Besides playing with the dog today, I had to go report for Jury duty. What fun!! I tried to tell them that I drive a truck and when I call in to see if I'm needed, I may be in Texas or New Jersey or somewhere. They said if my number comes up to just let them know I'm out of town. I don't know why they bothered to give me a number. Anyway, the judge who spoke to us informed us that real trials are not like "Law & Order." They don't solve the case in less than an hour and DNA does not come back the next day. I couldn't believe we sat for two hours in a crowded court room to hear that. He also informed us that some cases settle out of court. Imagine that. I hope you have the opportunity to serve your community as a juror real soon.

No comments: