Monday, August 27, 2007

Be it Ever so Humble . . .


I've had some requests for pictures of the finished roof, so here it is. I let Kirby choose the color and now he wishes he had picked a darker roof. I like the roof color, but I want to paint all the dark brown on the house a different color. I was thinking about blue, but now I've changed my mind. I guess I need to go to Lowes and get some paint samples.
We had a long two weeks of working so that we could take this week off and I am really looking forward to being home. Of course, Kirby and company will be gone to their bike rally so I'll be on my own (boohoo). I'll be doing scrapbooking, eating chicken and more chicken (Kirby likes beef), watching old movies and probably shopping a little. OK, shopping a lot.
I realized these last two weeks that Kirby and I have a favorite Mexican restaurant in every city between here and Los Angeles. Every time we get a load assignment, we look at each other and say "Lupes" or "Mazlatan" or "Panchos" or "La Carreta" depending on which direction they send us. We used to have a favorite Chinese place in Kingman, AZ that we went to so often they brought our drinks and Kirby's red peppers as soon as we sat down. We didn't even have to tell them what we wanted. They had the best crab rangoon!! We just don't go through Kingman much anymore. I guess the point of all this is that we love to eat and figure if we have to travel all the time, we might as well enjoy the local food. I guess I should write articles for travel magazines or something since I'm out there anyway.
In case you wondered, the dog is taking antibiotics again, but longer this time, in hopes of getting rid of the lump under her eye. She looks really good right now, but still has a week of meds to finish up. Hopefully, the lump won't come back again.
Tomorrow I'm going to help load the camper for the big trip, so I'll take some pictures. I want them to paint a logo on the side of this thing that says "Hillbilly Hilton" but so far they aren't going for it.

2 comments:

Jen Whisonant said...

Love the roof and vinyl siding...what would it look like if you painted all the dark wood the color of the roof? too monochromatic? love the modem story...it makes me appreciate my in-house geek-squad that trouble shoots for me.

Jen said...

I enjoyed the Cracker Barrel in Kingman, AZ that Jen and I ate it on our way from the Grand Canyon back to Las Vegas. After a 110 degree day at the Grand Canyon that sweet tea and biscuits never tasted so good! The house looks good! I hope to see it again one day... it's been a while since I've had the opportunity to venture to "Wild Whitman".

Love - Jake