Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sitting & Waiting

Today we are in Kingsport, TN waiting for a load that goes to Seabrook, TX. That's in the Houston area and of course, we will be getting there just in time for the hurricane. We hope to be in and out of there before the hurricane comes, but if the traffic is anything like it was last time they had an evacuation, we will still be on the interstate when the hurricane is over. My in-laws spent 24 hours in the car last time and went about 60 miles. That hurricane turned toward Beaumont and missed Houston completely, but you never know whether to stay or get out of town. Anyway, we just had lunch and our load should be ready in a couple of hours.

Yesterday, we were in West Chester, PA, and it was about 65 degrees. So nice compared to the over 100 degree days we have been having for the last few weeks. I guess if you could live up north in the summer and then move south for the winters that would be the ideal life.

In my last post I was telling everyone about my husband's new camper. He thinks I will enjoy camping now that we have all the comforts of home (including a new generator so we can make our own electricity). I politely informed him that as far as I am concerned, we camp out in this truck 10 or 12 days at a time, so I don't consider camping out in another truck on my days off a real break from my job!! Unless he plans to set up that camper in the parking lot of a Garden Ridge, I don't see myself spending much time in there. I also informed him that the only fishing I intend to do is with a fork at Red Lobster. I catch them already breaded and fried.

3 comments:

Jen Whisonant said...

i loooove you grammy! you are my kind of woman!

Jen said...

You tell Kirby that camping is a condo with an oceanview! Tell him he and Tom Tom can stay in the trailer while we're in the condo - more room for Bailey and Maverick! He might be able to talk Jake into camping with him!

Jen Whisonant said...

glad the hurricane didn't get you grammy!