Sunday, August 12, 2007

It's about time

Here is a video I got from my mother-in-law. I think you will really enjoy. This kid is so adorable. http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=9e7c4b40cf5a13cea6ca

Now, for what I've been doing. I just realized that it has been a long time since I updated my blog. The house is finished and the roof and siding look really good. We only need to do some touch up paint on the window frames.

We have been really busy the last few days. Kirby and my nephew Tom bought a 23 foot camper from a man who had been using it at a hunting lease. It's in pretty good shape for a 1976 model. We have spent the last two days working on it, rewiring and painting it inside and out. There are still several projects we will need to do (like replacing the old seat cushions and mattresses and putting in an air conditioner), but they should be able to enjoy it when they go to their bike rally in Ohio Labor Day weekend. I've been making curtains for the 8 windows and will probably make covers for the cushions eventually.

Kirby's brother is coming up here from Waco, Texas, to visit the end of this month, and he's going to the bike rally with them. That means I'll have a whole week all to myself and I plan to do some cleaning around the house, but mostly I'll be shopping and reading.

We had our annual homecoming at church today. The visiting preacher was 86 years old and he did a fantastic job. He really made me laugh when he talked about his obituary. He said someday when you see in the newspaper that he has died, don't you believe it because he has eternal life through Christ. He has his cemetary plot already paid for and the marker has his name on it, but at the bottom he has "I'm not here, but thank you for stopping by." My sister's group, the Miracles, sang and they were great. Then we had a wonderful pot luck dinner after the service, too. It doesn't get any better than that.

Tomorrow we are leaving for Godley, Texas. It's a little south of Fort Worth. I have about a million things to do before we leave, including taking my dog to the vet. She has a knot on her face under her eye. She took antibiotics for it a few weeks ago and it got better, but it is coming back again, so I hope they can figure out what is causing it.

2 comments:

Jen Whisonant said...

Glad to have an update, Grammy! You have been busy - making curtains...mmmm...gotta make any trips to the Atlanta area??? LOL! glad to hear you all are doing well. Grins ~

Jen said...

poor punkin...too bad you didn't buy you a ticket to el paso while the boys are out playing in ohio. more power to them!!