Tuesday, September 4, 2007

California or Bust!!

I'm actually excited to be going back to work for a change. We've been off several days because of Kirby's bike rally and his brother coming to town. Usually, it's hard for me to have to leave again knowing I won't be home for a week or so, but this time, we are going to Rancho Cucamonga. We love taking a load to California, but even better, we almost always come back to Texas by way of El Paso. That means we can stop to visit the GRAND-BOYS!! And Jen & Jake. I hope everything works out, but I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. Just my luck they will send us north from the LA area to Oregon to get a load or something crazy like that. But 9 times out of 10 we come back to Houston on I-10 and pass within a mile or so of Jen's house. This will be our first trip out there since she moved in April. We were out there in February of this year and usually make it out there a couple of times a year, so it's about time. I guess I'd better go pack up the car and fill the cat food & water dispensers. California here we come.

3 comments:

Jen Whisonant said...

To say the least, Grammy, I'm jealous! Hug them all for me - make sure to squeeze Mav's legs for me and tousle Bay's hair (I loved doing that!) Tell Jen - "Leavin' on a jet plane, don't know when i'll be back again..."

Jen said...

I'm hoping you get here this weekend or whenever. The boys have a list of things that only a grammy and pop can buy them :o) HA!! And maybe we can hit Famous Daves or Rudy's or some other yummy food place.

Anonymous said...

Hope you get to stop and while you are there kiss and hug and love on those beautiful boys for me. You can do the same to Jake and Jen as well. Eat a little Rudy's for Benny. Love you both and be careful.

Debbie