Friday, September 28, 2007

Random Events


I am supposed to be packing for our trip to Myrtle Beach. We are leaving early in the morning, so now is my last chance to get everything ready to go. But as you can see from the picture below, I have been playing with my dining room table instead. If you know me at all, you know that I am crazy about table settings and napkins and napkin rings, etc. I love changing my table for the seasons. I found this pretty fall pumpkin spice potpourri at Walmart last night and just had to get my Thanksgiving stuff out and set the table. It smells soooo good. As you can see, my guests are four little turkeys dressed as Pilgrams.





Here is the other thing I bought last night. The sewing machine on the right belonged to my Grandmother and is probably 40 years old. I have been using it for the past 10 years and it works most of the time. But lately it has been making very strange noises and the tension adjustment doesn't work. So, I broke down and bought the machine on the left. It was one of the cheaper ones they had at Walmart, but I only really use it to make repairs or sew simple projects that are mostly straight stitches. I haven't even plugged it in yet and I'm not sure I will have time to before we leave for the beach. Maybe I should stop playing tea party with the turkeys and try sewing up the hole in the back of my capri pants. I pulled the tag off because it was itchy and now I have a hole that forces me to wear long shirts with these pants.



I hope to post some pictures from the beach this week of Bailey and Maverick playing in the sand and surf. But, of course, I need to pack first.






1 comment:

Jen Whisonant said...

lol - jen really is your daughter - it sounds like something she'd do - and i love it. i'm still giggling about the fact that you referred to it as a turkey tea party.