Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bling at Beijing!!

Did anyone watch that opening ceremony?? It was awesome!! I didn't expect to see it but we just happened to get home last night and since I'm a night owl, I started watching it about 2 am or so (in high def) and at 6 am I was still glued to the TV. I was fascinated by several sets of over two thousand people being able to move in such perfect unison. The drummers, the dancers, the tai chi exercises, those boxes moving up and down, the green people all lit up, the fire works, those paddles with the boats painted on them, the huge electronic scroll, and on and on. Then when all the countries started marching into the stadium, I loved all the different outfits and colors. I thought China's red and yellow outfits were the best. I was disappointed with the US's blue blazers. Too boring. I loved Australia's outfits that faded from top to bottom, white to dark blue. Some wore the traditional dress from their countries and others wore sedate gray suits. I heard the names of at least 10 or 15 countries I'd never heard of. I was so proud when the US team was applauded. I really don't follow sports, and probably won't watch much of what is televised from China, but I was totally caught up in the ceremonies last night.
GO USA!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grammy was it not one of the most amazing things you've ever seen. We watched every minute of it in amazement. I was so sorry Jake and Jen had to miss it. Jake being the visual person that he is would have loved the 2008 people in the circles in such percision. I am glad you got to experience it, even if you did have to stay up all night. Would love to see you guys. Give Kirby a big hug and kiss from us.

Love
GG & Paw.