Monday, August 18, 2008

Little Einsteins

I've been trying to upload some pictures this morning, but my connection is not very good, so things are not working out for the pictures. We stopped in El Paso Saturday and spent most of the day with Jen & Jake and the boys. I have some pictures of Bailey playing a computer game and some of Maverick showing us where his hair and ears and nose are. I'm sure everyone thinks their grandchildren are smart and beautiful, but mine really are exceptional. I almost hate blogging about them because I know it must give other parents and grandparents a complex or something when they see Bailey and Maverick, but I just can't help myself.

Watching three year old Bailey point, click and drag things with a mouse on a computer is so funny because I think about my sister telling me about a woman she trained with who picked up the mouse and pointed it at the computer screen. Kids today have no idea how much things have changed in the past 50 years. Or even the past 10 years for that matter. But when it came time for bed, Bailey wanted me to get in his bed with him and read (from a plain old book) "Horton Hatches an Egg." I guess some things never change (thank goodness).

Maverick has started learning his nose and ears and hair. He has no idea at this age how beautiful his blond hair and blue eyes are. He just likes to see us clap and laugh when he points to the right parts. I think he's going to be some kind of mechanical engineer when he grows up. He carried a vacuum cleaner extension tube around all day, and when we stripped their muddy clothes off at the back door and sent them up the stairs to take a bath, he carried the tube with him. When he got in the bath tub with it, he immediately put it under the water faucet, allowing the water to run through the tube onto the floor of the bathroom. You may not agree, but I think it takes some kind of genius to figure that out when you are only 19 months old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course they are "Little Einsteins". They're mine and your grandchildren. Their great grandfather did a survey 29 years ago and determined that their daddy was the smartest child in the whole world so it just goes to show they have inherited that from their dad. I am sure if you ask Bernice she would say that Jen was the smartest girl in the world. So, there you go. It all just adds up perfectly.

Love yall!!
GG

geisme said...

Coming from a mother(& not a grandmother)who had to clean up Mav's water all over the floor???