Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Decorations

I've been completely blown away by some of the decorations on the Tour of Homes that one of my daughter, Jen's, friends has on her blog. I don't know how to do the fancy links to other blogs, but this should get you to hers - http://boomama.net/2008/12/15/christmas-tour-of-homes-2008/ There are over 900 homes on the list, so enjoy yourself if you go there and look at some of them. Meantime, I decided to put a picture of my pitiful little tree on here. In the past, we have put up our 6 ft. white tree with all blue lights and blue/silver decorations, or with all red lights and red/gold decorations. This year, we put up a little 4 ft green tree with very few lights or decorations. We just weren't in the mood to decorate for some reason. I did insist on having an angel, but ours were all too big for this tree, so I got this little one at WalMart on sale the other day (then almost cut her off in the picture).






I got really ambitious the other day and took pictures of all my napkins, placemats, and table cloths. I'm sure right now you are thinking I have too much time on my hands. Actually, I was looking for my blue napkins, and didn't realize how many sets I had, so I decided to organize a little better. I made a folder on my computer and put pictures of all the ones I have so next time I decide to decorate the table, I'll have a good idea of what I have hidden under that china cabinet. Anyway, here are the blue napkins with some placemats that I forgot I had!! I used those blue candles and snowflake candle holders last year with some different placemats. That little plate of cookies in the center is actually a plate of tarts for a tart burner. They smell so good, but look so pretty I couldn't bring myself to melt them.







Tonight, this blue stuff is going back in the china cabinet to make way for my Christmas dishes. I'm going to put the leaf in the table and get it ready for Christmas Eve dinner. In the past we have done Mexican food for our Christmas Eve meal. One year we had chicken fried steak (special request from Todd). This year I'm planning an Italian feast. I'll post pictures of the Christmas dishes tomorrow.

No comments: