Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year, Almost!!!

It's just after midnight, so it is officially New Year's Eve here in WV. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has been reading my blog this year. I know it isn't the most productive thing you could be doing with your time, and everyone is so busy these days, so again, I thank you for spending a few minutes with me now and then.

As you probably know, I'll be having a new grandbaby this year. My daughter, Jen, is having a girl to go with her two little boys. I'm really looking forward to spending some time with all of them this summer. My son-in-law will be serving overseas in the Army in 2009, so she will not only be taking care of her sons, but having a new baby while he's gone. Pray for them whenever you think of them - they'll really need it!! My husband thinks they will have their own TV show pretty soon - "Jen & Jake plus eight" I'm sure at times the two boys seem like eight already.

My other four grandkids are growing up too fast. Last time we saw them, only Brandon was still shorter than me!! I'm sure he'll probably outgrow me this year.

I have so much to be thankful for. I couldn't begin to list the prayers that God has answered this past year, or the blessings he has provided. I hope all of you have been as happy and as blessed in 2008, and I pray all of you will have a wonderful 2009.

Happy New Year, from the Rhodes family!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny you should mention the TV show reference, my mom and dad said while they were here that we could have one too... "Jake and Jen plus Ten". I think three will suffice for now!

Jake

geisme said...

Happy New Year to the Rhodes family, from Rhode Island. :)
I enjoy reading your blog & have been praying for Jen & Jake & will continue to do so.
To a great 2009!
-Gail