Tuesday, December 2, 2008

SNOW!!

It started snowing about 30 minutes ago and the ground and road in front of the house are already covered. I tried to take a picture and I was fascinated by the way the flash reflected off the snow flakes. In this picture it looks like stars in outer space.







I love the snow as long as I don't have to go anywhere. I'm glad it wasn't snowing earlier today when we had to take the cat to the vet. My oldest cat (about 12 years old) has been losing weight lately even though she eats all the time. I finally decided to take her to the vet. The office visit was $35. They charged $20 to draw blood. Then they charged $75 to run blood tests. The only thing they found was high levels of liver enzymes, which indicated a thyroid problem. The thyroid test was another $40. Now my cat has to take a thyroid pill every morning. Believe it or not, 30 days of thyroid pills was only $7. If I could get them at WalMart they would probably only be $4.

I just hope she doesn't have any side effects from the pills. I can't believe we're putting a cat on daily medication.


While we were at the vet, two different people came in to pick up their dogs after boarding them for a week. I guess they were out of town for Thanksgiving or something. Anyway, both of them paid nearly $400 for their dog to stay at the vet for a week. My only thought was that I've rented a condo in Myrtle Beach for less than $400 a week, and I know those dogs didn't have an ocean view.

2 comments:

Jen Whisonant said...

Grammy I love you - I just love you and your story telling ways. =)

geisme said...

Poor dogs- if their owners only knew! :) Like you said the things we do for our furry family members.
-Gail