Saturday, December 13, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things . . .

I love that song from Sound of Music. The past 10 days have been so filled with things I love. To begin with, I had a birthday, and since our AT&T cell phone contract ended the same week, I was able to get a new iPhone!! This thing is so amazing. Todd has had one for a long time and I have wanted one, but I wasn't willing to pay the price for one until I was eligible to upgrade. Because we are on the road all the time, we are especially impressed with the GPS feature that shows us as a little blue ball going down the highway. Today I was able to track our progress as we made our way to a customer in Ohio and it was so amazing.



Another of my favorite things is visiting with my son and his family. We got to spend the night with them, which is very rare because (even though we go to Texas about twice a week) we seldom go through that part of Texas. And, even better, we got there the night his twins had their Christmas choir concert. They did some really cute songs and we enjoyed it so much. We got to deliver their Christmas presents (saving a ton of money compared to mailing them). And we also delivered their Christmas yard art that we made for them. All the reindeer riding in the sleigh looked so adorable in their front yard.






Of course, no week is perfect without some shopping. We spent some time at a mall one day while we were waiting for a load, and we found lots of last minute gifts. I always find the perfect gift after I have already bought something for someone. So, they either get two gifts, or I keep the first one for myself. I guess that's sort of the opposite of re-gifting. If you only get one package this year, you'll just have to wonder what that other one would have been!!!


Then, on our way to Ohio, we ran into a blizzard. There was about 6 inches of snow and the roads were terrible. Believe it or not, it happened in Louisiana!! We were so surprised to see all that snow that far south. But we eventually got into Mississippi and it was just rain after that. Check out these pictures that I took with my iPhone while we were sitting in traffic waiting for a truck to be pulled out of the median. That's Interstate 55 but you can't see the road at all in the second picture.







2 comments:

geisme said...

Wow, those are pretty nice pics for a cell phone. Beautiful too, except maybe when you are driving in it. :)
Glad you made it safely to your destination.

geisme said...

Oh yeah, & happy belated birthday! :)