Sunday, April 22, 2007

garage doors



Here is how we spent our Saturday. These are the new doors on Kirby's motorcycle garage. The cinder block building is more than 50 years old, but still in pretty good shape. We had to take out the old 30 inch door, knock out some blocks, and build these doors to make a 6 foot opening. We started about 10 am and worked until about 5 pm, then we came inside and complained about our aches and pains for the rest of the evening. I feel better today, but I have a blister on my hand from using the hammer and the electric drill. You haven't lived until you've tried to drill a hole in 50 year old cinder block. I doubt if our doors will be standing 50 years from now, but I bet the block is still there and still solid. I guess it's true, they just don't build them like they used to.

1 comment:

garage doors said...

yeah nice post Grammy i love to know about garage doors.