Wednesday, April 4, 2007

State of Bliss


We arrived at Fort Bliss about 10 pm tonight and the army motel is pretty nice. The drive wasn't too bad today. My daughter drove the first five hours and I went from front to back to play with the baby, then I drove the last five hours and she went from front to back (mostly back) to play with the baby. He just can't sleep in the car seat. He likes being on his belly. Anyway, the most interesting thing so far is the ice trays in the motel refrigerator. They are like some kind of toy ice trays for a little play kitchen. But check out the scraper built in to the freezer door!!! Shouldn't someone tell the Army that refrigerators are available that are actually frost free?? Nah!! Our taxes would go up if they replaced all these. I've actually had referigerators that had to be defrosted by hand and I never had one with the scraper built in. This room has two double beds and a separate sitting area with a couch and coffee table. The bathroom is really big and there's a large kitchen sink beside the refrigerator and a microwave above that. It's a very nice room, so I guess I'll be pretty comfortable here for the next couple of days.

No comments: