Saturday, April 7, 2007

Spring sprung a leak



I left last Saturday for the trip to El Paso and my peach tree was covered with beautiful pink blooms. Now look at it!!! I came home to 4 inches of snow. I had to drive home last night from Charlotte and the last couple of hours were pretty nasty. The snow is beautiful in its own way, but I preferred the blooms and green trees we had last week.






Here's a picture from the El Paso airport. This is the main lobby when you first walk in. I thought it was pretty neat. I wish the Houston airport was as user friendly. I had an hour to make it from Continental to US Airways in Houston yesterday and I needed every minute of it. My ticket said "gate not yet assigned" so I had to ask at least 5 people before anyone gave me helpful information about where to find US Airways. As it turned out, I had to actually leave the security area, go to another part of the airport (on a bus) and re-enter security to get to them. They were boarding when I finally arrived. Charlotte was a breeze. I got off the plane, walked to baggage claim just as my suitcase came down the chute, walked out the door and saw a bus marked "long term parking 2" (exactly where I needed to go) and was in my car and gone within about 15 minutes of landing. Too bad I ran into all that snow on my way home.

No comments: