Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Hasta La (Windows) Vista, Baby

I gave up today and switched back to XP. My scanner would not work on Vista, and my printer was acting strange, too. All my programs and hardware are old, so I guess when I'm ready to buy all new stuff, I can switch to Vista. Getting XP back was a real job. I had to go through the restore process three times (twice trying to keep data and the third time wiping out everything) before I got it to work. The process takes 45 minutes or longer, so doing it three times pretty much blows the whole day. After I finally got the third time to work, then I started putting my software back on. Good thing I had nothing else to do today. Right now, everything is working, but now I have thousands of pictures to put back in the Kodak folders. I keep them backed up on CD's, but I like them on the computer, too, so they are easy to find when I want them.

Tomorrow we're going to Odessa, TX with a load that delivers Friday morning. Hope we get to stop in Austin to visit on our way back. We usually go to Houston after we deliver there, so Austin is sort of on the way and it gives us a chance to see my son and Kirby's brother. Wish it wasn't so far from there to El Paso. Guess we will have to see the grand-babies another trip.

1 comment:

Madtoad said...

You did indeed get to stop and see us. :)