Monday, April 9, 2007

Windows Vista

Last night I switched from XP to Vista. I can't really tell much difference, except that some programs don't work (like my favorite photo editing software - PhotoDeluxe) and I can't seem to get a Quick Time movie to play. I'm not giving up yet, but so far I haven't found a fix for these two. I did get my Kodak software to work after downloading a new driver from Kodak. Adobe stopped making PhotoDeluxe several years ago, but I love this program. I almost bought a new version of it on EBay but I'm afraid it will not work either and I would have wasted $40. I should buy PhotoShop, but I'm afraid it won't have the same features I love on PhotoDeluxe. For now, I think I will just use PhotoDeluxe on my laptop when I want to edit photos. Maybe eventually there will be a fix to make it work on Vista. It didn't work on XP either until I found a web page that explained how to change the paging file and make it work. I tried that last night, but the paging file stuff is different on Vista and I was not able to fix it. I made backup disks so I can go back to XP if I decide to. For now, I'm just trying to decide what features of Vista I like enough to stay with it (so far nothing).

No comments: